Friday, June 15, 2012

Coconut Fruit Bars



So there weren't any flavors of Blue Bell that I hadn't tried at the grocery store this week so I picked up a box of these coconut bars (begrudgingly). Let me explain. I LOVE coconut; maybe its because I'm Caribbean and we use coconut everything from coconut milk in our rice, to coconut water as a refreshing drink and the coconut flesh in a wide array of different desserts and dishes. So when I say I LOVE coconut, I mean it! I'm always let down by coconut flavored treats, most especially coconut bars like these.

Usually coconut bars are an ice pop with a hint of coconut flavoring and a few flecks of shaved coconut for good measure. I've never had one that captured the sweet, creamy, rich coconuttiness that a real coconut embodies....until now. Blue Bell has finally done it! This is the perfect treat; so creamy and rich and loaded with just enough coconut flakes.

5 out of 5 popsicle sticks for flavor integrity and creaminess.

2 comments:

  1. Have you done a review on Triple Chocolate yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaylin-No I haven't, but I will keep my eye out for it!

      Delete