Monday, March 28, 2011

Banana Pudding




This is the flavor that started my Blue Bell love affair. 3 years ago when my husband introduced me to his parents for the first time his mother had just whipped up a batch of her famous banana pudding. I must admit I have never been a pudding fan, but out of courtesy to my future in laws I decided to try a small bowl...which led to a big bowl and a big smile on my face! When we moved to Texas I figured my banana pudding days would be limited to family reunions and then I found this in the freezer case!! Angels descended and harps started playing, it was every bit as good as my mother in laws version but it was ice cream, which made it a little better!

Rich banana ice cream with a whipped topping swirl and chunks of chewy vanilla wafers.

This flavor gets 5 out of 5 scoops for creaminess and a bit of nostalgia.

3 comments:

  1. I just got my first taste of this about a week ago...I cannot stand banana flavored anything. I don't know why but it called to me and I decided to try it the moment it was in my cart. I, too, heard the harps and angels and maybe even cried tears of delicious joy! This ice cream is INSANELY GOOD! In fact, I think I'll go have a scoop right now 🍦🍨🍦🍧

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried thus and I can't stand banana flavored stuff. But...then...the angels and harps began playing and lord have mercy! I think I may have cried tears of delicious joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried thus and I can't stand banana flavored stuff. But...then...the angels and harps began playing and lord have mercy! I think I may have cried tears of delicious joy!

    ReplyDelete