Monday, August 1, 2011

Ice Cream Outreach


At the beginning of this ice cream adventure my goal was to taste and review every flavor of Blue Bell before the end of October, its been really fun but recently I've wanted to do a little more with this blog than just post playful critiques. A couple of weeks ago I made a post about wanting to reach out to underprivileged schools/kids and give them a fun ice cream party.

Since then I have had a wonderful outpouring of suggestions for deserving schools or children's programs who would like to participate, which left me with an overwhelming urge to do more. So this is the new goal, give an ice cream party to as many school's/programs as I can for as long as I can and incorporate my experience into this blog. Financially this is no small feat, but God provides...and He already has in a BIG way! Don't worry, I'll still be writing Blue Bell reviews, but the underlying purpose will be to form an ice cream outreach!

This is sure to be a "sweet" adventure that I am thrilled and honored to take part in, if you're interested in volunteering just let me know! And if you know of an underprivileged school or children's program in the DFW area that would like a free Blue Bell ice cream party, let me know. We'll coordinate, decorate, and supply the ice cream and fixin's, all we need is cooperation from the school or program.


No comments:

Post a Comment