Monday, August 29, 2011

Pecan Pralines 'n Cream



So in order to do this review justice, I had to find out what a praline was, exactly. So according to Google a praline is :

  • A smooth, sweet substance made by boiling nuts in sugar and grinding the mixture, used esp. as a filling for chocolates
  • A crisp or semicrisp candy made by a similar process and typically consisting of butter, brown sugar, and pecans

Now that we have that settled, I can tell you that I’ve had other brand’s pralines ‘n cream ice cream before and Blue Bell blows them out of the water! The praline sauce is perfectly blended throughout the creamy vanilla ice cream. I taste a little hint of salt in the sauce itself which makes it that much better. I honestly can’t get enough of this flavor and neither can my husband. We really should have bought the half gallon, a pint just wasn’t enough to share!

5 out of 5 scoops for praline goodness!

2 comments: